Are you a qualified counsellor with more than three years’ experience? Are you interested in a rewarding career working with private clients? Nightingale would like to hear from you.
Every therapist at Nightingale is fully qualified with three to fifteen years’ experience working with clients. Working on a self-employed basis, our counsellors take part in continuous training and development to make sure that we stay up to date with all new methodologies and trends in counselling. All Nightingale counsellors adheres to a strict code of ethics, laid down by the BACP and between us, we have a wealth of experience, specialisms and areas of expertise.
• Proof of your qualifications
• Have at least three years’ experience after accreditation and training
• Your status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
• Covered by professional indemnity insurance
• Receive personal supervision on a monthly basis
• Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
• Have been a client and worked on your own personal agenda
If you are interested in joining our team, please contact our Managing Director in writing, stating your qualifications and expertise.
All counsellors, regardless of experience, need supervision. Supervision is essential to ensure high standards of professional practice and to protect clients by involving an impartial third party. Nightingale supervisors have a wealth of experience and come from all the different models of counselling.
The role of the supervisor:
• Facilitate the practitioner to monitor and review the quality of their work as their client’s progress
• Provide opportunities for the counsellor to reflect on their own feelings, thoughts, behaviour and general approach
• Offers insights from the perspective of another therapist
• Decrease isolation through a process of shared responsibility
Counselling for counsellors differs from supervision in that you will not be talking about clients, your will be talking about yourself, your emotions, your feelings and your challenges. Such support includes appreciation of the challenges the job presents.
The objective of the work is to:
• Help you remain centred
• Ensure you are dealing with personal issues and not carrying negative feelings
• Dealing with unresolved personal issues
• Provide opportunities to build self-awareness and increase emotional intelligence
• Offer new techniques
We aim to ensure that every client feels safe in the knowledge that they have found a professional organisation that understands the challenges and concerns they face when they decide to seek assistance. When you contact Nightingale we will respond immediately to all enquiries and can guarantee an appointment within 48 hours. Contact us on 0141 353 9373, Email us or complete our online Enquiry Form.
Our Counselling Fees:
Individual Sessions £60
Couple Sessions £70
We accept card payments.